Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcoming the New Year

It's been awhile since I've made a post, and one of the reasons is that I have put a tremendous amount of pressure on myself to write, but I've been highly censoring in what and how I write.
End result: no postings.

I have to ask myself why I would do that, and the short answer is for no good reason. All throughout every day things happen that give me pause and I think . . . "shall I write about this?" but for some reason I don't.

This is not a post about me getting down on myself, God forbid I start the New Year as a Debbie Downer, but more a post of just sharing an aspect about me that hasn't served me and one I would like to leave behind. So, for those of you who are following me, it is my intention to make more posts and even possibly that they could be about simple and random occurrences.  And that would be just fine and fun.

Today I share with you something I find myself doing a lot, and that is taking what I call a selfie shadow. Sort of a twist on the "I was here" mentality. This was taken yesterday, January 1st, 2017 in my studio, a very special place for me.

Happy New Year everyone, may we all have the peace we seek and relish in the simple things that give us pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment