Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fall Newsletter 2017

Dear Friends,  

I’m home from my Art and Soul Journey to Ireland. It was an outstanding trip for me in so many ways.  This workshop/retreat has confirmed in me a desire to seek these opportunities out as a course of direction in my profession as an art educator, but not just so that I can teach. It goes well beyond that.
I have come to realize that in looking back over the last few years, I have slowly been cultivating a life style that supports me in all ways. It has been in this last year where I have really come to know this in my heart, through experiencing a great loss, I am aware of what I can never lose. 
My art, my undying desire to work with my hands, the rich community I am part of, the desire to share, the love of my friends and family ~ these are all pillars as I carve my way into a new (yet, old) life path. 
This may or may not make any sense, but I suspect on some level it does. It is after all, that other level, that deeper level where I like to swim. It helps guide me in all that I do. 


Life is rich ~



Here are some images of my work where I explore the notion that ~ Nothing is Random 
This is the beginnings of a new series for me. I believe that nothing is random, even when things come out of left field ~ nothing is random. I find this especially true when making art. There are so many decisions we make that we don’t even realize how quick our brains function, how many thousands of little decisions seemingly go unnoticed.  Our subconscious mind is never asleep. Even if we are blindfolded, while making art, we would use our other senses to help guide us in our decisions making.  As I type, I’m coming up with another idea for my workshops. You see . . nothing is random. 
























1 comment:

  1. I hope that all is well with you, Kathryn -- you are such a special and talented person. Your pieces in the fall newsletter are so gorgeous and inspiring. I'm still working toward the abstract, I love your approach.
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete