Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Art and Soul Journey to Ireland 2017

My bucket runneth over. It is with bittersweet thoughts going through my mind that I write this post. Art and Soul Journey to Ireland has come and is now but a memory, albeit a recent one.
I've never been to Ireland before and it was always top of my list of places I would want to go given the opportunity.
Last year,  Lora Murphy (look her up) and I decided we would embark on offering an encaustic workshop and soul filling retreat. It all came together beautifully the first week of September when we held our event at The Burren College of Art in Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare for 19 lovely women. These women came from all over the globe and had varying prior experience with the encaustic medium, always a plus in my mind.
Lora taught portraiture in her portion and I guided the women in creating the "inspired landscape". There was a lot of wiggle room in what is "inspired", but the main idea was to begin to cultivate the impressions of the landscape in our mind first. We had spent the very first day touring the countryside, so our impressions were fresh. You will see in this post a beautiful expression from each of the women in the workshop. Many of the images are all but finished, while others are more sketch like. What I love about them is the freshness and of course, I have memories of the behind the scenes cultivations of these pearls.
If you ever get an opportunity to visit this neck of the woods, I would encourage you to do so.
Be on the lookout for when we offer this workshop/retreat again. I'm ready to pack my bags.


Phyllis Bryce Ely


Maureen Church


Patrice Maloney


Catherine Mansell


Kelly Finnerty


Laurel Haslett


Janis Loehr


Nancy Torbitt-Stewart


Bernadette Wright


Robin Samaljin


Rachel Packham



Maureen Butler


Mindy Rollins


Mandy Rollins


Marie Taylor


Diane Phillips


Connie Ehindero


Patricia Dusman


Anne McCune


No comments:

Post a Comment