Friday, February 12, 2021

Something Big has Come Along

 I feel as though things are really shifting and in a very good way. I'm very happy to be part of this teaching team and hope that you are interested in taking your encaustic knowledge further - or if you want to get started in the best way possible -  you will consider this the absolute must class for you. Click on the link to find out everything you need to know about this class. Best regards always, Kathryn 




My friend Lora Murphy has invited me to participate in a year long online encaustic workshop alongside 25 other well respected artist who teach encaustic. Painting With Fire - Essence of Mulranny is a going to be an amazing opportunity for anyone who loves to work with encaustic, has the desire to learn the process, and be totally inspired by a tremendous array of global talent. 
I could not be more proud to have been included and I could not be more proud to extend this offer to you. 
Every week you will receive a lesson from one of these artist. Each of us will present two lessons, so that is one lesson a week. 
The lessons are recorded so you can view them at anytime thoughout the year. Each artist focuses on something very unique, so there will be little overlap in what you are exposed to. 
You are receiving this email on the opening date of registration, so you can take advantage of the Early Bird Special - for one very low price, you get 52 lessons. I would love for you to join me in this amazing opportunity. 



The two classes I am teaching are:

Inspired Beginnings 

In this class I will show how an a la prima technique to painting is a great way for developing ideas and getting to the spirit of your work. I will take you through my process on how I begin my work through the use of journaling, sketches, and the importance of painting a series to get to the essence of what I'm trying to capture. Hopefully, watching my process will offer you some take aways that will enhance your own process. 

AND

Color Relationships

In this class we will dive into color theory and the importance of grays in a work of art. I will discuss colors as they relate to each other and the important use of neutral tones as to create direction and resting spots in your composition. I will discuss the nature of any given paint (pigment) and how to get the most out of a palette. 


No comments:

Post a Comment